Saturday, January 29, 2022

Adar I: Enhancing Our Joy

Dear Friends,

This year is a Jewish leap year which means that there are two months of Adar. This post is about the Jewish month of Adar I as it relates to The Chazak Plan: A 12 Month Journey to Spiritual Strength.

Rosh Chodesh Adar I begins Monday night, January 31 and lasts for two days.

Our Sages teach that with the arrival of Adar we increase our joy, culminating in the festival of Purim. Purim commemorates the salvation of the Jewish people during the Persian exile.

While we do not have direct control over our moods, there are things we can do to help us enhance our moods.

What is one thing you will do this month to help enhance your mood?

If you are not sure, ask someone who knows you well for suggestions.

Whatever you choose to do, add it to your checklist and track how often you do it.

Questions for the month:

“What do I think is most negatively affecting my emotional health? How will I address it?”

“What will I do this month to enhance my emotional health and become a happier person?”

Ideas for enhancing your emotional health can be found here:


May God grant us success in the coming month,

Yaakov

No comments:

Post a Comment